Senior Revenue Accountant at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are seeking a strong Revenue Accountant to join our Global Revenue Operations (GRO) team and be responsible for the accounting associated with several business cycles. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and/or reviewing the detailed reconciliations of activity and balances associated with assigned business processes to ensure completeness and accuracy. This includes providing best in class support to management and other business stakeholders to ensure their understanding of period activities and balances and to support their forecasting efforts. The expectation is that the person in this role will quickly obtain a detailed understanding of all associated systems and processes that will allow for providing ongoing recommendations for continuous improvement.
The qualified candidate will report to the Sr. Revenue Operations Manager, and will work closely with other members of the Accounting and GRO team as well as other groups to include Sales and Operations, Divisional Finance, Technical Revenue Accounting, and Order-To-Cash teams.
- Lead meetings with stakeholders to review estimates of activity on a monthly basis
- Review and record estimates and actual revenue entries in general ledger
- Prepare and/or review detailed reconciliations of associated balance sheet accounts and P&L activity.
- Develop and execute analytical procedures to understand and explain variances from expectations on account balances and transactional activity.
- Analyze data in Oracle and RevPro
- Prepare analytical memos to be reviewed with senior management on a monthly basis
- Import and export large amounts of data from reporting systems and perform analytical reviews
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and support external audit activities and audit preparation.
- Provide management and business unit operations and finance teams with financial reporting information and operational support.
- Prepare and maintain operating procedures and make recommendations for continuous process improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualification:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
Years of Experience: 5+ years of accounting experience in a publicly traded company and/or public accounting firm
- Strong accounting background including experience performing journal and general ledger entries, reconciliations, etc.
- Experience working with Financial ERP systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP)
- Extracting and analyzing data from Financial systems
- Practical experience working with ASC 606 revenue recognition standards - operationalizing
- Experience with transactional, and billing cycles
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Skilled in Oracle e-Business Suite including GL, OM, AR, and Projects
- Knowledge of RevPro
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.