Senior Revenue Accountant
Catalant helps the world’s leading organizations get from strategy to execution faster. Our Platform empowers organizations to work with greater agility to accelerate growth, drive efficiency, and rapidly innovate.
Trusted by more than 30 percent of the Fortune 100, the Catalant Platform enables business leaders to organize and gain visibility into mission critical work, access and dynamically deploy both internal and external resources, and track the speed, quality, and impact of work to drive better business performance. Access to our robust Expert Marketplace of over 55,000 independent experts and 1,000 boutique consulting firms helps organizations fill in critical capabilities and capacity gaps on high-priority projects.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Highland Capital, GE Ventures, and Greylock Partners.
We’re looking for curious, scrappy, talented people with a bias for action to join our team. Your next big thing is already here.
Catalant is looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to own all aspects of revenue accounting, reconciliations and analysis. This is a high exposure role reporting directly to the Controller. This role requires an understanding of the company’s business operations, products and accounting practices.
The ideal candidate will be action-oriented, enjoy a fast-paced environment, and have a strong revenue accounting skill set, excellent leadership and communication skills, and a passion for helping companies get mission critical work done faster.
What you’ll do:
- Use technical competence and experience in revenue accounting and analytics as well as experience evaluating contracts and agreements to determine accounting treatment
- Prepare revenue, deferred revenue and other revenue related journal entries and schedules
- Analyze and reconcile key revenue accounts, including but not limited to AR, AR allowance, unbilled, and deferred revenue
- Work closely with various teams throughout the company including FP&A, AR Operations, Legal, and Sales
- Work cross-functionally with contracts and sales team to support draft contracting process and lead revenue recognition evaluations under ASC 606
- Work with various support teams to calculate and document policies for cost of sale
- Work closely with FP&A to support management reporting and flux analysis for revenue streams
- Provide detail revenue analysis to support FP&A and senior management
- Assist in the implementation of Netsuite
- Drive continuous improvement in systems, including the integration between Salesforce and NetSuite
- Participate in annual audit providing supporting documentation for transactions, reconciliation detail and analysis
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years’ experience in Accounting and/or Finance with a focus on revenue recognition, preferably including experience in both public and corporate environments
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting or Finance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CPA or similar accreditation is desirable
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Netsuite a plus
- Advanced Microsoft excel skills required (pivot table, VLookups, etc)