Senior Privacy & Compliance Assessor at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance is very excited to be hiring a new Senior Compliance Auditor to work out of our Burlington, MA HQ facility once we do return to working from our offices sometime in 2021. This highly qualified individual will have primary responsibilities of conducting global privacy and compliance audits for the company’s US and international divisions. This scope will include compliance audits in the following broadly described areas: HIPAA/Privacy Laws, FCPA/Anti-Bribery, Commercial Contracting, Compliance and Privacy Program Assessments, and assisting in both Client and Regulatory audits. The individual we will invest in to perform this role will be organized, diligent, collaborative, engaged and someone who embraces complexity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs audits and assessments of company and vendor business processes to determine compliance with applicable law, regulations, company policies and client contracts.
- Develop a standard, repeatable audit plan and process.
- Maintains databases and generates data summaries.
- Follows up with appropriate personnel for corrective action status.
- Identify processes and situations where the business is meeting requirements, as well as identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in developing educational materials to improve processes.
- Assist with corrective actions and follow-up audits.
- Ability to travel globally 15%.
Education: Bachelors/4 year degree in relevant major
Years of Experience: 5 to 7 years of experience in an auditing or assessment role.
- Ability to develop an audit plan and to execute the plan within the determined time period.
- Assist in developing Standard Operating Procedures and documents that will educate clarify/improve procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and detail oriented.
- Has the ability to be assertive as necessary.
- Maintain high level of professional integrity.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work effectively as an independent contributor and as part of a diverse collaborative team.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Prior employment in a highly regulated industry such as banking or finance.
- Big (4) firm consulting experience.
- ADA Section 508 compliance auditing experience.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.