Senior Manager, Internal Audit at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast’s growing Internal Audit Team is seeking a motivated professional with Fin -Tech industry and public accounting experience to serve as the Senior Manager of Internal Audit. This role will be a part of internal audit's business process team focussed on financial technology and payments solutions work streams, reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, and partnering heavily with the systems and technology audit team, and other cross-functional teams in Finance and Accounting, IT, Engineering, Operations to support the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) program, and other risk-based compliance and operational audit projects.
You are highly experienced in SOX compliance and/or risk-based audits with financial technology subject matter expertise. You have a risk-based approach to identifying, evaluating, and addressing critical SOX 404 compliance risks, operational risks and the relevant business and compliance processes. You have strong project management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills. You can navigate ambiguous circumstances and identify solutions.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Contribute to the SOX compliance effort including 1st year implementation and maintenance in subsequent years
- Act as subject matter expert for all assigned financial technology process areas, on internal controls during process, system or policy changes and improvements, to ensure processes are SOX compliant
- Mentor and educate internal stakeholders regarding internal controls and SOX compliance including appropriate documentation to support SOX, Internal Audit and External Auditors needs
- Manage the SOX testing and controls remediation efforts
- Recommend improvements to process, controls and/or test programs to improve process efficiency/effectiveness and/or control environment
- Partner with and/or be the liaison between business process owners and Internal Audit and External Audit during resolution of control findings
- Communicate with external auditors and co-sourcing partners to coordinate audit requests, perform walkthroughs/testing, facilitate meetings, and evaluate deficiencies.
- Build strong relationships with our internal and external partners (process owners, co-sourcing partners, and external auditors)
- Manage SOX and risk-based audit project timelines and resources
- Plan and execute financial, operational, fraud, system and process audits and prepare finding reports
- Recommend internal control, policy and process improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies
- Perform any special projects as assigned by the VP, Internal Audit
- Conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor's attention
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- BA/BS/Master degree with major in Accounting
- Professional certification preferred (Chartered Accountant or CPA)
- 5-7 years of experience in an audit role, including 2+ years as manager
- Experience with the FinTech industry required
- A mix of Public accounting (internal or external audit) and FinTech Industry experience preferable
- Big 4 Accounting experience preferable
- Experience in designing, monitoring, or evaluating internal controls and SOX compliance programs including knowledge of US
- GAAP, COSO framework, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and PCAOB Rules
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, project management and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed; must be comfortable and highly effective in an ambiguous, rapidly changing environment and can artfully distill complexity
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.