Senior Manager Equity Programs at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Senior Manager Equity Programs will be responsible for end-to-end management of Toast’s equity plans, programs, systems and service providers. This role will work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Toast’s equity programs operate effectively, compliantly and support Toast’s goals for its equity programs.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Actively collaborate cross-functionally to ensure Toast equity programs operate effectively. Key cross-functional working relationships include the Human Resources, Legal, Accounting and Finance functions.
- Provide leadership to the Stock Administration function, including one direct report. Establish effective training programs and monitor function performance. Set priorities, provide guidance and feedback on progress and foster career growth.
- Manage administration of the company’s stock plans, including Toast’s employee equity plan and the ESPP.
- Ensure accuracy of equity data including new grants, cancellations, option valuations & cap table through controls and audits
- Ensure equity administration processes support the Company and stakeholders broadly including for areas such as compliance, tax reporting and regulatory requirements
- Ensure success of various equity projects including implementation of brokerage platform
- POC for external partners, plan providers, brokers, and transfer agents
- Manage global equity reporting including expense reporting and compliance
- Oversee all recordkeeping activities
- Generate reports at a regular cadence for tracking of the equity plan
- Develop educational materials, FAQs and other documents on equity compensation
- Reconcile all applicable equity activities and reporting
- Manage Transfer Agent relationship
- Interacts with transfer agent and third party stock administrator to ensure that trades are settled timely; reconcile instructions and transfer agent activities
- Support internal/external SOX auditors
- Assist efforts to grow and scale the stock administration function, including but not limited to enhancing existing manual processes, automating processes
- Prepare custom reports and perform complex reconciliations to review accuracy of equity and transaction data
- Ensure accurate month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting across the company
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and foreign regulations along with securities laws
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of directly-related stock administration experience for a U.S. company, including at least 2 years managerial experience. Stock administration experience with both private and public companies preferred
- Strong in Excel
- Data Driven mentality
- SME of types of equity awards and public company equity programs across multiple jurisdictions
- Hands-on experience with Fidelity equity platform preferred
- Experience with ESPP preferred
- Hands on experience with Transfer Agent preferred
- Superior organization and time management skills
- Effectively communicate with all individuals including management and Board Members
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high initiative, flexibility, and team approach to work