Senior Internal Auditor
The Senior Internal Auditor will be based in the Boston, MA office, will report to the Associate Director of Internal Audit. This position will be responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of the Internal Audit Risk-Based Approach Audit and the SOX program for the company.
This role will require a deep understanding and experience with all aspects of internal controls including financial information and technology systems for a complex, high-growth stage organization. Requirements for this position also include extensive knowledge the IIA Standards, COSO 2013 framework and SEC/PCAOB regulations, as well as the demonstrated ability to design and monitor an effective global risk-based internal control environment.
The Senior Internal Auditor will conduct financial, operational, and compliance assurance audits and advisory projects across all areas of our business. The Senior Auditor will help plan and scope audits/advisory projects, execute project plans, prepare written findings, and facilitate business responses and action items, and you will partner closely with Finance, Legal and Business teams closely through all phases of the projects. This is a great position to also provide consultative support to business partners to identify solutions to address audit findings, opportunities for control improvements with the objective of mitigating risk and improving financial and operational performance. Audit areas may include Accounting, Finance, HR, operations, payments, business continuity, asset management, and legal, among others.
This position will also include but is not limited to advising management on creating/updating process narratives, flowcharts, performing walkthroughs, control testing, updating deficiency reports, providing control updates to management periodically, documenting action plans and assisting process owners on ways to improve their processes. Work with external auditors as required.
The role requires the person to be able to build good working relationships with process owners and management, communicating effectively and timely, and be able to multi-task when required.
What you’ll do:
- Perform risk-based audit (RBA) testing, root cause analysis, and prepare audit work-papers as per Chewy Internal Audit department and IIA Standards.
- Appropriately plan and execute audits in accordance with the department’s policies and procedures, including prioritizing work areas, monitoring progress and ensuring a timely review to meet audit objectives within the scheduled time frame.
- Assist/perform in the SOX 404 Scoping Analysis which includes financial statement and risk assessment mapping and identifying significant locations, key processes, systems and accounts that will be included in scope as part of annual SOX plan.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Identify audit issues and root causes, recommend improved internal controls and business processes, and ensure that corrective action plans are developed and implemented.
- Execute the quarterly 302 sub-certification process, reporting process, and summarize results.
- Perform operational audits over Fulfilment Centers.
- Lead the analysis and review of key internal control procedures, risk and control matrices, and test plans. This includes updating process related documentation, control testing and deficiency analysis.
- Work closely with process owners/control owners, and cross-functional teams to provide ongoing SOX support and to ensure controls are designed and implemented effectively.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Consult with the Company's external auditors and provide assistance as needed during the financial and internal control audit processes.
- Execute special projects and process improvements on ad-hoc basis.
- Willing to travel up to 10%.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment similar to a high-tech start-up
- Solid understanding of SOX and internal controls
- Strong process analysis, risk and control identification, and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of IT application controls and COSO framework
- Strong knowledge of SEC Reporting and US GAAP
- Experience with Continuous Control Monitoring and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is preferred
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight time constraints
- Ability to deal with imperfect information and ambiguity
- Ability to network and collaborate cross-functionally
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience with a Big 4 accounting firm preferred, not required
- Preferred certifications: CPA, CIA, CISA, CRMA, or CFE
- Ability to manage and deliver projects within budget, on time and of high quality
- Prefers fast-spaced environment, displaying flexibility and focus under pressure
- Team-player and relationship-builder