Senior Director Finance - Sales and Strategy at Veeva (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
| Greater Boston Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:20 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, January 4, 2023
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
The Senior Director of Finance for Sales and Strategy will have the opportunity to lead our FP&A business partnership with our Global Sales and Strategy teams. This role will be responsible for leading and scaling the people, processes, and systems that grow the insights and support that finance provides to our Sales and Strategy teams.
What You'll Do
- Be the strategic finance business partner and provide thought leadership to our Sales and Strategy teams
- Be the Finance lead in the ACV, ARR, and other key top-line metrics planning and forecasting for the company in connection with the annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes, including related modeling and sensitivity analysis
- Gain expert knowledge of the sales pipeline and guide forward strategy, decision-making, and external investor guidance ranges in line with the go-to-market strategy
- Drive standard and ad hoc analysis critical to maximizing the effectiveness of the Sales and Strategy organizations in the near, medium, and long-term
- Be the thought partner to Sales Leadership to ensure commission plan design drives desired outcomes, and ensure the commissions can be properly forecasted and calculated
- Drive scalable and consistent processes to enable operational excellence in business planning, forecasting, reporting, and deep insights/analytics for Sales and Strategy
- Manage operating expenses of Sales and Strategy organizations
- Build, develop, and manage a team of 4 financial analysts
- 10+ years experience in an FP&A role, preferably sales finance
- Bachelor's degree in business or finance-related majors
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in presentations to multiple levels in an organization
- Strong project management & organizational skills
- SaaS industry experience is highly desired
Nice to Have
- Adaptive, NetSuite, Salesforce.com, other financial planning, and reporting/BI systems experience
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
Read Full Job Description