Senior Director, Accounting at Thrasio
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:00 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, February 3, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
The Senior Director, Accounting Operations will partner with and report directly to our Principal Accounting Officer, and have direct oversight of the accounting operations functions, including, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Revenue, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, and Payroll. This individual will be a key contributor to build, grow, and develop a dynamic accounting organization dedicated to financial integrity. We are looking for a strong leader who is capable of influencing change, experienced at scaling an accounting organization through continued growth, and effective at building and developing large teams.
- Build high-performing and nimble team that can scale with company growth and acquisitions
- Oversee all operational Accounting areas, including General Ledger, Inventory, Revenue Accounting/Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable
- Manage intercompany transactions and transfer pricing activities
- Lead the financial close cycle and associated processes
- Develop and improve accounting processes, controls, systems, and infrastructure to scale with business growth
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance efficiency and accuracy of monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes
- Coordinate monthly/quarterly flux analysis ensuring insightful commentary and consistency across account owners
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and integrity of reporting, controls, processes, and systems
- Partner with FP&A on accounting impacts to financial results
- Input into budget/forecast process
- Work closely with internal and external audit
- Implement and maintain internal controls and financial close best practices
- Lead continuing process improvement initiatives
- Partner with business leaders on integration of acquisitions to ensure consistency in processes and reporting with no disruption to accounting or business operations
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners and teams to support business objectives
- Partner with SEC Reporting function to streamline the close and reporting process
- Liaison with IT partner on financial system needs, design, and implementation
- Monitor/benchmark best practices and implement accordingly
- Conduct ad hoc analysis as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required; MBA a plus
- 10+ years of experience, preferably a combination of public accounting and industry
- Retail and/or Consumer Products industry experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, SEC regulations, and SOX controls
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with Finance and non-Finance personnel
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Experience with system implementations and possess thorough understanding of accounting operations workflows
- Ability to build strong relationships across departments
- Effective at managing large teams in multiple locations
- Works effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines
- Possess agility and can adapt quickly to changes and possesses
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical mindset and critical thinker
- Strong work ethic with willingness and ability to dig into details to accomplish tasks and complete projects
- Proactive and organized with excellent planning, analytical, and project management skills
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.