Senior Cost Accountant at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is growing by the minute. In the midst of this rapid expansion, we’re looking for a Senior Cost Accountant to join our team. If you have worked in the manufacturing industry before and have advanced accounting skills, we're interested in speaking with you. At Formlabs, joining this dynamic, intensely focused team means applying attention to detail and good judgement skills to financial operations, while delivering the accurate and timely information required to manage our scaling business.
If you are excited by the opportunity to build out our cost accounting function and help define how cost accounting topics fit into Formlabs organization, we want you on the Finance Team as our Senior Cost Accountant.
- Define organizational needs for cost-related information, analysis, data streams and build out relationships to support these needs
- Perform cost accounting procedures and projects for our in-house manufacturing facility, including absorption rate review and monthly reconciliation
- Manage manufacturing overhead and material burden rate calculations and updates, landed cost estimates, manage warranty and repair accounting, including accruals, reconciliations, and cost analyses, PPV etc.
- Plan and execute periodic physical inventory counts at primary and third-party facilities
- Coordinate with logistics, supply chain, and manufacturing to provide accurate accounting and management reporting related to product costs and inventory
- Some travel, less than 10%
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience in a rigorous cost accounting role
- Effective at communicating complex topics with an unfamiliar audience
- Strong Excel skills, including clear and concise cost-model building
- Deep accounting knowledge and ability to think critically about GAAP-related issues
- SOX experience in the manufacturing industry
- Exposure to contract manufacturing relationships and workflows
- Experience with NetSuite, especially with data extraction and implementations
- Graduate degree or relevant professional certification (CPA, CMA, CCA, etc.)
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Fully stocked kitchens and catered lunches three days a week
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.