Senior Cost Accountant at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is growing by the minute and we’re looking for more operational support on our Finance & Accounting team. At Formlabs, this dynamic, focused team applies careful attention to our financial operations, while delivering accuracy and timeliness required to manage our scaling business. If you are a hardworking team player who is fiercely passionate about streamlining, excited by uncovering insights, and want to have an impactful role within a fast-growing company, we want you on the Finance Team as our Senior Cost Accountant.
- Perform cost accounting procedures and projects for our in-house manufacturing facility, including absorption rate review and monthly reconciliation
- Manage manufacturing overhead and material burden rate calculations and updates, landed cost estimates, manage warranty and repair accounting, including accruals, reconciliations, and cost analyses, PPV etc.
- Plan and execute periodic physical inventory counts at primary and third-party facilities
- Coordinate with logistics, supply chain, and manufacturing to provide accurate accounting and management reporting related to product costs and inventory
- Drive ERP projects related to cost, such as implementing BOM assemblies and Landed Cost accruals
- Assist in monthly close processes, including reviewing and coaching staff accountants
- Assist in annual audit procedures
- Opportunity to take on non-cost related accounting projects and responsibilities
- Some travel, less than 10%
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ year of relevant experience
- Experience in a rigorous cost accounting environment
- Highly analytical and able to navigate large datasets
- Self-motivated to get to the bottom of problems and propose solutions
- Effective at communicating complex topics with an unfamiliar audience
- Strong Excel skills, including clear and concise cost-model building
- Deep accounting knowledge and ability to think critically about GAAP-related issues
- SOX experience in the manufacturing industry
- Exposure to contract manufacturing relationships and workflows
- Experience with NetSuite, especially with data extraction and implementations
- Graduate degree or relevant professional certification (CPA, CMA, CCA, etc.)
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Fully stocked kitchens and catered lunches three days a week
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.