Senior Accountant at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for the preparation of our financial statements and ensuring they are in compliance with GAAP. This is a challenging, highly visible role that requires problem solving and the ability to record complex transactions.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Prepare various internal financial reporting needs including monthly and quarterly financial statements, business unit reporting, and consolidations and eliminations
- Prepare various external financial reports including compliance reporting
- Assist in preparing quarterly financial statements and schedules necessary for auditor review
- Collaborate cross functionally to set up the right reporting at a business unit level
- Assist in providing audit support
- Drive change in the organization through participation in special projects and ad hoc analyses
- Understand various service/product offerings to ensure proper reporting
- Effectively using accounting knowledge to collaborate with varying levels of employees and management to drive sound business decisions
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years of relevant experience, financial reporting experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of general accounting principles (GAAP)
- Experience with inter-company transactions and consolidations
- Attention to detail and goal oriented
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with accounting/financial reporting at a SaaS company
- Experience with financial reporting for business unit/segment
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.