Senior Accountant at Bevi
Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, we’ve raised over $60M in venture capital and we’re doubling year over year. In addition to maintaining hypergrowth with our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join the finance team of our fast-growing, well-funded hardware/saas start-up company. This is a great opportunity to own GAAP compliance of the most important parts of our financial statements: fixed assets (Bevi machines) and cost of goods sold, which will require cross-functional collaboration with several departments throughout the company. This role will manage one direct report. The right person will come from another fast-growing product or hardware company and share our passion for our authentic mission driven organization.
- Complete monthly Cost of Goods Sold and Fixed Asset accounting
- Work cross functionally with Operations team to complete inventory accounting and resolve discrepancies
- Assist with cash management, including Equipment Financing, Accounts Payable and cash applications
- Manage Accounts Payable Analyst
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Participate in year-end audit
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance with 5+ years of experience
- Prior experience in a hardware company will be preferred
- Start-up experience a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced, scaling software & hardware environment
- Extreme integrity around timelines and deliverables
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Customer service oriented
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, plus additional paid days for volunteering, sick leave, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards… and more!