Senior Accountant at Drift
An outstanding opportunity to join one of the fastest growing technology companies in Boston in an experienced finance role that will allow you to be exposed to various parts of the business as we continue to scale the Company and expand and develop the finance organization as an important part of that growth.
You will be strongly customer centric and passionate about making a difference in your role. You will be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to think independently and at the same time want to continue to learn and develop your skill set. You will be a thinker and problem solver. You will be a team player, able to work across different departments and different management levels and focused on solving business and financial challenges.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be joining a small and dynamic finance team, reporting to the Controller, on the larger Company Success Team.
- You will be responsible for accounting close activities, including posting journal entries and preparation of all major balance sheet account reconciliations, and assisting in the Company’s day to day accounting operations.
- You will assist in the preparation of management reporting, financial statements and supporting schedules.
- You will be responsible for the preparation of monthly balance sheet and P&L fluctuation analyses in coordination with members of the FP&A team.
- You will own the cross-functional business partnership with other department owners.
- You will assist with the preparation of documentation for external financial statement and tax audits.
- You will be responsible for the Company’s equity and stock-based compensation accounting, including maintaining the Company’s equity data within Carta and preparation of equity information for Board of Directors meetings.
- You will evaluate the continuous improvement of the Company's accounting practices, policies, control procedures, and system enhancements with a focus on scaling of the Company's processes and educating senior leadership about the implications to ensure continued compliance with US GAAP.
- You will assist the Controller and senior leadership with the technical accounting treatment for new transactions as they arise.
- You will provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
- You will help lead critical accounting initiatives, including the design and implementation of key finance systems, global close expansion (when applicable), and audit readiness.
- You’ll have the opportunity of a lifetime to help build a dynamic global company.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of accounting experience within a SaaS technology organization and/or public accounting
- Experience in high growth companies and comfortable working on a fast-paced team with changing priorities
- Consistently positive attitude
- CPA designation a plus
- Reliable and very detail oriented
- Independent/flexible problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and compliance
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management and build influential relationships with partners in the business.
- Tech savvy and eagerness to learn new technology and practices
- Knowledge and experience with NetSuite, Avalara and Carta a plus
Drift is the world's leading conversational marketing and sales platform that helps businesses connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. After just two years in market, the company has become one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of all-time and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity, and work every day to create an inclusive work environment that represents the world that we live in.