Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our growing Accounting Team and support the SEC Compliance function. In this role, you will be involved in the preparation of the quarterly and annual filings and monitoring of the Company’s compliance with Sarbanes Oxley as well as perform month end close tasks. The ideal candidate should be highly detailed and have strong knowledge of GAAP and SOX and the ability to interpret and apply accounting principles. Communication and cross-departmental collaboration are vital in this position.
What You'll Do:
- Compile quarterly and annual SEC filings in accordance with US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Assist with the comment process with legal department, management, and auditors
- Complete annual and quarterly financial statement disclosure checklists
- Review various press releases and investor relation deliverables that contain financial related information and validate accuracy of associated data
- Assist the auditors with their testing of financial statement accuracy and gathering appropriate supporting documentation
- Perform annual risk assessment and ensure proper controls are in place to mitigate identified risks
- Maintain and update internal control documentation, including flowcharts and narratives
- Monitor remediation of control deficiencies identified and provide recommendations for process improvements
- Identify gaps or limitations within our processes and work with management to develop and implement project plans that will resolve these issues
- Oversee key reports testing and review of SOC-1 reports
- Facilitate communication with SOX third party consultants and external auditors
- Prepare equity and other journal entries, supporting schedules and analysis, and reconciliations
- Assist with ad hoc projects across multiple accounting areas, as needed
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. CPA required.
- 3+ years public accounting experience, at a Big 4, preferred
- Experience preparing or reviewing SEC filings including 10-Q/10-K
- Experience creating or evaluating SOX processes
- Experience with key report/spreadsheet testing and SOC reports
- Highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with colleagues in a professional and helpful manner
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Ability to learn and understand financial accounting systems/software: NetSuite, Donnelly Financial Solutions, AuditBoard, Zuora, and/or Salesforce software experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, Germany, Italy and Spain with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.