Senior Accountant - Strategic Projects at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
This expansion position is a unique opportunity within controllership to connect business development with technical accounting and financial reporting. The role requires a deep understanding of the company’s business operations, products, and accounting practices. As a Senior Accountant – Strategic Projects, you will work cross-functionally primarily on business expansion initiatives to provide accounting guidance and collaborate on the creation of the associated End-to-End process workflows. This position will also be heavily involved in internal financial system enhancements of both current offerings and new products.
What You’ll Do:
- Actively participate in business expansion discussions to support initiatives from an accounting perspective
- Work closely with Business Development, Product/Pricing, FP&A, and other Finance Operations and Sales teams
- Assist with the creation and implementation of operational workflows resulting in complete and accurate financial information
- Identify and escalate key risk areas to members of the SOX team
- Identify ways to improve efficiency of processes including automation of manual processes
- Work closely with enterprise applications team to build and test system configurations based on provided requirements
- Drive detailed analysis as required to ensure accuracy of data being reported between the contracting, billing and financial reporting systems
- Assist with establishing third-party data requirements for reconciliations and analysis
- Ensure alignment of billing and invoicing processes in relation to the implementation of the new ASC 606 accounting standards
- Prepare reconciliations and perform detailed analysis by product type and locations, identify variances, and resolve
- Provide support to the monthly close process adhering to specific tasks and deadlines in reconciling accounts
- Ad-Hoc projects to assist in all areas of controllership
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred
- 4+ years of related experience in accounting required
- Possess a focus for process improvements, challenging the status quo
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management teams
- Requires attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Experience with Salesforce/NetSuite/Zuora is a plus
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.