Senior Accountant, Revenue Applications at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Senior Revenue Applications Accountant will report to the Revenue Senior Manager and is responsible for the maintenance and implementation of our Revenue systems applications and ensuring they are in compliance with GAAP. This is a challenging, highly visible role that requires problem solving and the ability to navigate a complex Order to Cash environment.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Ensure compliance with GAAP standards, establish SOX controls and documentation, with deep understanding of ASC 606
- Data flow/system integration knowledge between internal contract management system, revenue subledger and General Ledger
- Leverage system knowledge to help build sustainable automation and drive business insights on current and future reporting platforms
- Stabilization monitoring and ongoing improvement to revenue subledger
- Lead user acceptance testing (UAT) for upgrades of revenue subledger
- Work directly with internal and external audit teams by providing supporting audit schedules, evidence, and process overviews
- Participate in cross-functional projects and build relationship with other teams across various business groups including accounting, F&S, Sales Operations, Legal, Product & Services
- Assist monthly close activities and resolve issues as needed
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ plus years of revenue recognition experience, preferably with Big 4 Public Accounting and corporate experience with in-depth knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Accounting
- Strong knowledge of revenue accounting standard ASC 606
- Ability to research and apply applicable accounting guidance
- Experience with IT system implementations
- Advanced Excel skills with ability to synthesize and analyze large sets of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex scenarios and topics to team and supervisors in a clear, logical manner
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and at various levels within a company
- Ability to self-motivate, work in dynamic, fast paced, fast growing company where adaptability is imperative
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and RevPro is highly desirable
- CPA preferred
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.