Sales Commissions Analyst, FP&A
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Sales Commissions Analyst will be part of the CarGurus Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. You will play a key role in the calculation and analysis of the sales compensation plan. Success in this role requires an analytical mindset, intellectual curiosity, self-direction and tireless work ethic. The ideal candidate will have experience in an entrepreneurial, fast-growing software company, and has experience with reporting aggregation from multiple data sources.
What You’ll Do:
- Calculate commission accrual and payments monthly
- Analyzes actual results vs. budgets/forecasts
- Generate compensation plans for new hires and internal role changes
- Assist in the annual planning process for commissions
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 years of relevant experience, ideally working with commissions and supporting Sales leaders
- Experience in SaaS/MRR business model is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills are critical (macros, VBA scripts, pivot tables)
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Experience in Salesforce.com
- Ability to work in a team environment is essential
- Ability to work independently and seek innovative ways to creatively solve problems
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.