Revenue Accountant at Drift
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human. After just three years in market, the company has become one of the fastest growing SaaS companies of all-time and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
About the Job:
An outstanding opportunity to join one of the fastest growing technology companies in Boston in an experienced finance role that will allow you to be exposed to various parts of the business as we continue to scale the Company and expand and develop the finance organization as an important part of that growth.
You will be strongly customer centric and passionate about making a difference in your role. You will be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to think independently and at the same time want to continue to learn and develop your skill set. You will be a thinker and problem solver. You will be a team player, able to work across different departments and different management levels and focused on solving business and financial challenges.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be joining a small and dynamic finance team, reporting to the Accounting Manager, on the larger Company Success Team.
- You will be responsible for performing weekly and monthly reconciliations between our billing system(s), our CRM, and our internal metrics dashboard for all customer contracts.
- You will drive detailed revenue analysis by segment and ensure accuracy of data being reported between the billing and financial reporting systems.
- You will be responsible for the calculation and reconciliation of revenue, deferred revenue, and accounts receivable on a monthly basis.
- You will assist with the cross-functional business partnership with the FP&A and Operations teams as it relates to reconciling monthly recurring revenue and bookings data.
- You will assist with our annual financial statement audit by providing supporting documentation of transactions, reconciliations and other analyses as needed.
- You will support the finance and revenue operations teams during the month-end close process by ensuring appropriate recording of sales transactions in the relevant systems.
- You will assist with the analysis of new sales contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606.
- You’ll have the opportunity of a lifetime to help build a dynamic global company.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 2+ years of relevant experience within a SaaS technology organization, or Big 4 background
- CPA a plus
- Independent / flexible problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows
- Tech savvy and eagerness to learn new technology and practices
- Advanced Excel knowledge, NetSuite, Salesforce.com a plus
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]