Product Filing Consultant at MassMutual
We are seeking an experienced professional to join our team and become an integral member of MassMutual’s Law Department. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing business by providing support for MassMutual’s variable annuity and life insurance products. This individual will assist in drafting, updating and filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) disclosure documents for MassMutual’s variable annuity and variable life products. Knowledge of SEC disclosure forms and filing requirements for variable products and ability to use content management system desired.
- Performs a variety of basic and increasingly complex work for SEC registered variable annuity and life insurance products.
- Assists attorneys in the preparation of various SEC disclosure documents, and SEC filings, such as variable annuity and life product prospectuses, Statements of Additional Information, and Part Cs.
- Utilizes prospectus content management system to manage and update variable annuity and variable life prospectus disclosure.
- Proofreads and edits variable product disclosure documents
- Interacts with clients and working team members to distribute draft documents for review and to coordinate receipt and reconciliation of client comments on distributions.
- Assist with preparation of exhibits for inclusion in regulatory filings, tracking material changes.
- Works with financial printer to file electronic filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s EDGAR database.
- Manages the distribution of variable product disclosure documents, which involves coordinating distribution instructions, printing, mailing, and updating our company website via multiple vendors.
- Supports and help manage annual and semi-annual underlying fund shareholder report projects.
- Assist with disclosure delivery process mapping and generate requirements as necessary to add or change product data, perform testing and sign-off of upgrades.
- Update desktop procedures as needed and perform document retention processes for accurate and complete record-keeping following 38a-1 guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in providing support to SEC registered variable products or mutual funds.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Teams environment), and ability to assist with design, development & creation of presentations & reports.
- Experience with prospectus content management software preferred.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to work in a fast- paced environment/under pressure, multi-task and shift priorities to meet moving and demanding deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to navigate and leverage resources across the enterprise and with our vendors with minimal oversight
- Ability to think critically.
- Ability to work collaboratively and work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent problem resolution/negotiation skills, including the ability to collaborate with peers and business partners to reconcile comments for incorporation into product documents and disclosures and to develop responses to regulator objections/comments on the various product filings mentioned above.
*This role can be based in our Springfield, MA location or can also be a remote opportunity within the US.