Klaviyo is seeking a Procurement Manager that will own the development of a world-class procurement operation from the ground up. This highly impactful role will work cross-functionally with IT, Legal, and InfoSec to support and optimize the strategic sourcing process, evaluate vendor integration and expansion projects, and develop cost management techniques. Your strategy, processes, and negotiation skills will ensure functional leaders are equipped with the knowledge to execute their purchasing needs and secure the best possible terms for Klaviyo. This is a high visibility role that directly impacts our cash flow and profitability.
The Procurement Manager will be part of the Finance Organization and report directly to the Head of Shared Services. It’s an incredibly exciting time for our team, as Klaviyo continues to tackle new challenges in a fast-paced, growing environment. Come join us and help shape how our organization thinks about procurement.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Lead the effort in developing a comprehensive process for sourcing, procurement, pricing, and contract negotiations in the Klaviyo organization.
- Set strategy, define processes, and build trust-based relationships with our functional leaders to optimize cost, terms, or other benefits in vendor contracts.
- Develop RFP plans during the vendor selection process and negotiate new and renewal agreements based on informed quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- The role will initially be “hands on”, directly negotiating the contracts themselves with the opportunity to build-out your team gradually.
- Work alongside the FP&A team to track purchasing activity and develop spend KPI’s and analyses for leadership visibility.
- Provides monthly status updates on completed, in process, and scheduled activities with associated financials.
- Have a scope that isn’t limited to software. While software purchases will be an initial focus, the role will quickly expand to other high impact suppliers as well.
- Partner with Legal and Security during the procurement process to ensure business requirements are met at engagement onset.
- Coordinate with the AP team on upcoming Purchase Requisitions and Orders through the approval process.
- Plan and execute ad hoc projects to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness amongst the finance organization; better reporting for internal stakeholders, frictionless vendor onboarding, and compliance with policies and internal controls.
- Align procurement process with P2P system implementation and help integrate additional tooling/software to support the procurement process.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related Business field.
- 3+ years of progressive responsibilities in a procurement org (SaaS or technology industry preferred).
- Experience contracting and negotiating with SaaS technology vendors.
- Ability to influence and partner with business colleagues throughout the organization.
- Experience in solving multiple and complex challenges through critical thinking and cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Breaks down large, complex, ambiguous goals into manageable pieces for the business.
- Extremely organized with good project management skills.
- Comfortable with creating new processes from scratch.
- Strong attention to detail, can learn quickly and understand big picture concepts.
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style adaptable to the audience.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.