Portfolio Management Analyst at MassMutual
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a Portfolio Management Analyst to join our Asset Allocation team.
Why we need you.
We’re growing, and our clients deserve the best. As a Portfolio Management Analyst you’ll have an opportunity to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
What success looks like:
- The ideal candidate is team-oriented, and possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The candidate is also passionate about investments and has experience and expertise in investment management, including experience with securitized assets.
- In this role the candidate works closely in partnership with the rest of the investment management team and frequently communicates with other areas of MassMutual and outside investment managers.
What your days and weeks will include:
- Set portfolio structure - Structure asset classes and portfolios to enhance various investment and financial metrics.
- Analyze securitized assets. - Examine risk/return parameters on a variety of securitized investments.
- Support and guide outside investment managers - Direct and coordinate with various outside investment managers to implement actions and incorporate and record a wide variety of financial and investment metrics.
- Collaborate across business function - Coordinate with MassMutual’s Corporate Financial division, participate in gathering investment metrics for annual financial planning and forecasting.
- Drive innovation – With a deep expertise on the fundamentals of various investment asset classes, learn and master new and emerging data technology and take initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions in investment reporting.
- Analysis & decisions - Proactively identify risks and opportunities within the investment opportunity set with a particular emphasis on the analysis of securitized assets. Make pro-active recommendations on relative value opportunities within various asset classes.
- Outside Manager Communication - Gather and co-ordinate a wide range of investment information and metrics from various outside investment managers. Provide investment guidance to the outside managers on the specific and varied requirements of the insurance investment accounts.
- Risk management - Develop knowledge of risk-based capital charges and NAIC ratings and developing processes at origination and classification to augment RBC ratios.
- Continuous Improvement - Work on projects with varying levels of complexity and diversity supporting a wide range of stakeholders
The qualifications that are needed for this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with investments including experience working with securitized assets..
- Excellent communication skills, change & innovation orientation, strategic thinking, and the ability to formulate effective relationships.
- Effectively use data manipulation and visualization.
- Understanding across securitized asset classes including knowledge of Intex and Prepay/Default models
Additional skills that make you a great fit:
- Advanced degree in Finance.
- CFA designation (or proven progress towards completion).
- Possessing, or the ability to develop, a working knowledge of financial modelling.