North American Regional Lead, Lending Technologies - Financial Services at Mendix
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:14 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, January 11, 2022
Mendix is a low-code app development platform:
First, what is low-code? Low-code is a visual approach to software development that enables you to abstract and automate every step of the application lifecycle. Gartner predicts that “by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.” Mendix is repeatedly ranked a Leader in analyst reports from Gartner and Forrester. In the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, Mendix placed at the very top of the Leaders quadrant.
Mendix, the global leader in enterprise low-code, was created to promote collaboration between Business & IT teams. Thousands of forward-thinking companies around the world like Ford Auto, Rabobank Netherlands, Zurich Insurance, and Red Bull, can unleash their best ideas faster with the help of the Mendix Platform.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World! With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens’ unbeatable market position and resources.
Serving as North American Regional Lead for Banking and Financial Services, you will drive the vertical business plan from all perspectives for Mendix (A Siemens Company). Your knowledge of the industry will be a valuable resource for the cross-functional teams as you manage the “Go To Market” strategy. The role requires knowledge and experience with enterprise software within the financial services industry, for both internal and customer facing applications. Your current/previous roles may be product or program management, I.T. Analyst, account management, customer service management, or similar positions either within a financial institution or a service provider. You should have basic understanding of the purchasing evaluation processes and personas within the typical financial services organization.
This role provides you an opportunity to utilize all of your skills and experiences, related to enterprise software technology, to execute the banking and financial services business plan for Mendix.
- Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created, speed of solution development, and the ease to modify applications. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
- Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
- We translate our expertise into the language and specific solutions that industry verticals and their delivery partners will understand. Finally, we make sure Mendix’s global industry vertical team works in a way that is collaborative, connected, and aligned.
- You will be the Banking and Financial Services industry leader at Mendix for North America responsible for creating and executing the “Go To Market” strategy. You will collaborate closely with the vertical sales, solution architects, product, and marketing teams.
- Your banking and financial services expertise will be utilized in the following:
- (i) enable local sales initiatives and align them to the overall sales and portfolio strategy,
- (ii) identify revenue growth opportunities,
- (iii) source, evaluate, and propose new Low Code applications, and
- (iv) support the execution of the sales process (as needed).
- As a key member of the global industry vertical marketing team, you will play an integral part in the development and execution of industry-specific sales and market-facing content, go-to-market programs, and client engagement strategies to increase brand awareness by defining and promoting Mendix solutions globally. Some days will find you presenting on industry vertical trends to a packed room Mendix stakeholders, another day you may quietly be writing an article or blogwhile you can always count on a stream of interactions from the regional field teams asking for assistance, input, and advice in how to win. Other times you will be consolidating the industry messaging and direction for promoting banking and Financial Services.
- Develop and deliver regional go-to-market sales support and present applicable solutions based on your expertise in industry vertical IT modernization projects, both big and small.
- Support thought leadership activities, sales enablement strategies, marketing programs through the development of digital and print sales assets and related market-facing engagement strategies and industry content (e.g. social media, blogs and Points of View, product overviews, Mendix product and capability differentiation, industry event collateral).
- Demonstrate an understanding of regional and global industry vertical policies related to procurement, acquisition, modernization, and compliance.
- Work with product and solution development teams in the creation of world-class technology demos by defining and documenting personas, steps and stages of journeys to be incorporated into technical solution demos.
- Provide industry thought leadership and help coordinate promotional activities; including advertising, conferences, tradeshows, and client events that amplify Mendix’s unique value proposition for clients across the industry vertical departments
- Connect field teams in alliances and consulting to drive best practices and reusable industry vertical assets into the product roadmap.
- Drive pipeline and revenue of the Mendix portfolio through go to market strategy and customer-facing activity, using campaigns and initiatives to improve success and meet the annual business plan
- Lead collaboration with key stakeholders within the Product Portfolio Development, Pre-sales and Sales teams to promote (and identify) new Low Code applications developed in Mendix covering key use cases for North America Banking
- Identify key opportunities for the Zone, defining the industry, geography and target accounts
- Lead work in an agile environment to design new applications that fulfill specific use cases (using Low Code)
- Collect, process, and maintain various types of data sets to identify new opportunities for Low Code applications
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- A creative and strategic business and technology thinker, with excellent attention to detail including creating end products with a high degree of finish.
- You have in-depth knowledge of how industry vertical evaluates, purchases, and delivers software, with the ability to translate such knowledge into comprehensive strategies and market value for Mendix and its low-code offering.
- You have a strong drive to succeed, are highly collaborative, demonstrate integrity, and top-tier thought leadership. You have Strong personal organizational and time management skills.
- You also have excellent communication and presentation skills. Fluent in English; additional language (Spanish) is an advantage.
- Experience with Low Code is desired.
Who You Are
What You've Accomplished
- Bachelor’s degree and ideally a graduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business
- Extensive experience as an industry vertical leader, partner client lead, or industry vertical modernization thought leader, especially in digital transformation strategies and low-code no code.
- Deep understanding of how public policy drives IT modernization, technology evaluation, procurement, and implementation decisions such that you can guide field teams to best target, influence, and message Mendix’s unique value propositions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
*This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Working at Mendix
Mendix has been recognized as a Best Cloud Computing Company to Work For by Forbes. With offices in 16+ countries including headquarters in Rotterdam and Boston, Mendix provides an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
While each employee brings their own unique cultures and personalities to the workplace, we collectively live by our Mendix Blue Guiding Principles:
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.