Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
- Global consolidation and compliance with U.S. GAAP accounting policies
- Manage the accounting for complex and non-standard areas, including equity, stock compensation, debt, derivatives, investments, joint ventures, purchase accounting, goodwill, intangible assets)
- Review and approve journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for responsible areas
- Support external close processAssist in the design and rollout of process improvement initiatives, including global process harmonization and other improvement projects leveraging technology and automation
- Support all corporate accounting and close timeline initiatives.Maintain effective controls over responsible processes/areasImplement and enforce SOX processes and controls as needed
- Focus on efficiency related to the design and simplification of accounting processes
- Adhere to global accounting policies and identify areas to expand current policies
- Maintain effective controls over responsible areasIdentify opportunities and support automation initiatives
What you bring to the party:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant accounting and finance experience, public company experience is a plus
- CPA required
- Big 4 public accounting experience highly preferred
- Strong technical research skills, including experience with US GAAP and other accounting standards and ability to draft relevant memos
- Excellent project management skills are required
- The applicant must be organized and able to handle high volumes of transactional activity, tight deadlines, and ever-changing priorities
- The applicant must possess the ability to prioritize competing tasks and handle unique situations and be comfortable working on a variety of projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- The applicant must possess strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with all levels across various groups of the organization regarding sensitive information
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.