Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
- Review the preparation of external financial reports, including SEC Form 10-Q and 10-K reports, and supporting schedules underlying the financial information included in the financial reports, in accordance with disclosure requirements
- Review of investor communications, including quarterly earnings releases and investor presentations, to ensure amounts presented are properly supported.
- Assist with detailed Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial statements and footnotes.
- Review the preparation of the monthly and quarterly statement of cash flows for both external and internal reporting purposes.
- Manage the annual goodwill/intangible asset impairment assessment and interim reviews for impairment indicators, including coordinating with valuation specialists and preparing relevant supporting schedules.
- Manage requests from independent auditors related to quarterly reviews and the annual 10-K audit.
- Prepare financial statement analytics for internal control purposes and for review by external auditors.
- Review and analyze consolidated U.S. GAAP financial results
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and lead initiatives to refine and streamline the financial reporting process.
- Perform accounting research and draft technical memos on an as-needed basis.
- Lead or participate in special projects as needed.
What you bring to the party:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant accounting and finance experience, public company experience required
- CPA preferred
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage a process and team to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- XBRL experience preferred
- Strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills are a must
- Accounting research and problem solving skills required
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and SEC filing requirements
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external business partners
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a larger functional team
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.