Manager, Revenue Accounting at Acquia
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
We are actively seeking a Manager of Revenue Accounting to join our Finance Organization as a key member of the Revenue Team reporting to the Global Revenue Controller. This individual must have a strong understanding of revenue recognition guidance and have a demonstrated ability to apply such guidance in a fast paced corporate environment.
The Manager of Revenue Accounting is responsible for managing three reports, acting as a finance representative in regards to contract negotiations, heavy involvement with the month and quarter end close, managing the deferred revenue balance, and coordinating audit requests and support. The ideal candidate would be an accountant by trade who can also manage people and assist in all sales support activities.
- Ensuring revenue transactions are accurately recorded in accordance with US GAAP (ASC 605-25, 985-605, ASC 606, etc).
- Assist in maintaining, monitoring, and reconciling the Company’s revenue and deferred revenue balances, as well as ownership over accrued commissions and capitalized contract costs.
- Work closely with legal and sales on contract negotiations for new sales.
- Manage a three person team and ensure the growth of those individuals.
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue reports for management review as needed.
- Heavy involvement with ad hoc projects such as integrations of acquisitions.
- Identify opportunities and assist Company in process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience in public accounting and/or high growth software or SaaS technology company.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting principles with respect to Software, SaaS, and Professional Services revenue recognition.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- SFDC or other CRM system experience.
- Knowledge of general ledger systems (SAP, Oracle, Intacct).
- Strong work ethic, accountable, and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Team player who has the ability to work independently and proactively to respond to inquiries, and deliver results.
- Ability to be available at extended hours during peak sales cycles and during quarter close.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.