Manager, Corporate Development at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a Corporate Development Manager to join our team to participate in the full cycle of M&A deals, including sourcing, diligence, negotiation, execution, and integration.
We are looking for someone to help manage sourcing through our deal pipeline, conduct rigorous due diligence efforts, assist with transaction execution, and coordinate post-merger integration efforts. With excellent financial analytical abilities and business sense, this person will partner closely with leaders across our organization.
This person will have the unique opportunity to help execute CarGurus’ strategic acquisition roadmap, and will be a key member of the Corporate Development and Strategic Partnerships team. The role will be highly cross-functional and a successful candidate will possess analytical horsepower as well as strong communication and organizational abilities.What You'll Do:
- Perform market research, develop central initiatives and build industry landscapes
- Coordinate post-merger integration efforts between CarGurus and our portfolio of subsidiary companies
- Build and refine financial models for company valuation purposes, and analyze and interpret financial statements
- Own strategic relationships—launch, manage, optimize and scale existing and new relationships with potential acquisition targets and contact persons
- Work with executives and colleagues, target company management teams and external advisors on a regular basis
- Maintain deal pipeline, track market M&A activity, draft internal updates, and create deal review presentations for our Executive Committee and VP of Corporate Development
- Support and contribute to the achievement of Corporate Development team goals
- 2 - 3+ years of professional experience—investment banking, VC/PE, or management consulting experience preferred
- Due diligence experience and post-merger integration experience a plus
- Capable of effectively tracking and reporting on deal pipeline
- Self-motivated and well-organized
- Business mentality with experience driving metrics-oriented outcomes
- Excellent analytical skill set—able to translate quantitative and qualitative inputs into actionable strategic direction
- Possess project management ability to complete deal components, such as managing a cross-functional due-diligence team, under deadline constraints
- Outstanding communication skills (oral, written and/or other formal presentation mediums)
- High degree of professional and personal integrity
- Willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s degree required
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.