Manager, Business Finance at Acquia
Acquia is an open-source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest-growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are actively seeking a qualified candidate to join our Finance Organization as a key member of the Business Finance team. The Business Finance Team interfaces with departments and contacts throughout the company to improve business processes, implement strategic recommendations, promote profitable and prudent decision making, and provide critical financial analysis. The Manager of Business Finance and Strategy will focus on customer profitability, strategic advisory and enablement of our sales team, influencing vendors and third party relationships, and reporting for product and sales. In addition, this individual will need to interface with a wide array of individuals at Acquia ranging from staff to executive leaders to provide strategic insights and influence business processes and decision making.
- Oversee a Deal Desk function to advise the sales organization on individual opportunities
- Maintain product- and customer- level profitability analyses
- Provide custom pricing and pricing model recommendations
- Enable sales professionals on pricing strategies and processes
- Monitor and analyze success of product initiatives
- Analyze quarterly results at a product-line and regional level to highlight successes, weaknesses, anomalies, and other influential trends
- Collect and document knowledge of existing sales and finance processes to formalize such processes and recommend improvements and optimizations
- Provide assistance to the technical accounting team in researching complex topics and/or assist in reporting
- Identify deficiencies or lapses in current processes and drive positive improvements
- Assist Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing departments with ad hoc reporting needs and data collection
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, finance, or business strategy roles
- Experience building and evaluating complex financial models
- Knowledge of relational data structures and querying
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences, including ability to collaborate and build consensus
- Strong analytical and strategic mindset with a focus on continuous improvement