Lead, Capital Transactions and Structuring
Highly seasoned professional with specialized skills/knowledge, which is recognized across the organization for their expertise. Demonstrated potential to take on expanded responsibilities. Influences and makes decisions with significant impact on the organization and/or company. Influences the development of functional strategy. Establish medium to long term work plans for the function and contributes to the development of financial and resource planning needed to achieve department business objectives. Has an established track record of success for driving and accomplishing critical business objectives.
The Lead will be responsible for originating and executing capital management transactions, including capital markets (e.g., surplus notes), structured securities and reinsurance transactions; developing and maintaining a capital management ‘tool kit’; and providing support to colleagues (e.g., CIO, Corporate Development) through a capital management lens. The Lead will serve as financial and risk steward for specific capital management-related special purpose entities and vehicles. Longer-term, the Lead will help to develop an enterprise-wide capital budgeting and allocation framework.
The right candidate will be expected to build relationships with the CFO and other business leaders that enhance the team’s ability to influence strategies, tactics and day-to-day execution. Understanding MassMutual’s competitive and financial position, as well as strategic imperatives, will be critical.
- Approximately 5 – 8 years of professional experience
- Experience in investment banking and-or capital management (e.g., at a Fortune 500)
- Preferred: Master’s degree in business administration, finance or related discipline
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, actuarial science, economics, finance or related discipline
- Strong understanding of accounting (GAAP and statutory), corporate finance and corporate tax
- Strong understanding of capital markets, insurance and reinsurance transactions
- Understanding of capital structure and rating agency methodologies
- Experience drafting and negotiating transaction-related documents, including term sheets and offering memoranda
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas in an articulate, organized and persuasive manner
- Able to bridge different working styles and can help to resolve conflicts between team members and others
- Knows how to offer constructive feedback on team’s performance; solicits (and acts on) feedback from others
- Able to work well under pressure and manage multiple deliverables
- Authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future