Lead Accountant, Travel & Expense
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
Work with a groundbreaking team.
We’re growing rapidly and are searching for a Lead Accountant to help us develop and introduce and maintain best practices. You will foster relationships across business areas to meet objectives effectively while minimizing operational strain on employees. Sound like you’re a good fit? Join us.
What you’ll do:
- Oversight and development of the procure to pay cycle
- You will assist in the design and implementation of policies, procedures, and processes
- Key contributor to SOX planning for procurement, including creation and application of key controls
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our company and develop a contextualized understanding of the expensing and travel behaviors of our employees
- Primarily responsible for monthly T&E reporting
- Actively monitor company credit cards to minimize misuse
- Assist with review engagements and external audits
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 8 years of relevant accounting experience
- 4 years of experience working in a public company environment
- You also hold a 4-year degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a similar field
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings