Internal Audit Consultant at MassMutual
Why we need you.
We’re growing, and our clients deserve the best. As a Internal Audit Consultant you’ll have an opportunity to plan, develop, and conduct audits within assigned product lines, subsidiaries and corporate units. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
Objectives of this role - What success looks like:
The individual will be a member of the global audit team responsible for conducting internal audits and projects related to business functions and processes. The internal audit activities involve analyzing risks and controls, recommending process and control improvements, and providing reports to relevant stakeholders. This individual also participates in Corporate Audit divisional wide initiatives and activities.
Daily and month responsibilities - What your days and weeks will include:
- Conduct audits and projects that evaluate and test the relevant risks, key control points, operations effectiveness and risk management
- Work in partnership with audit management, business management and other risk/control functions to ensure that processes, business activities, and internal controls are effective in managing operational, financial, regulatory and business risks
- Survey the business functions and corporate activities in order to set audit scope and audit objectives for specific engagements
- Recommend appropriate business solutions to manage identified risks and controls
- Prepare reports and analyses that communicate audit results for the relevant business conditions and business risks/controls
- Analyze business functions from a financial, operational and compliance perspective
- Conduct audits and projects in accordance with professional standards and department policies and procedures as it relates to specific business functions and/or corporate activities
- Contribute ideas that strengthen internal audit practices and other risk/control efforts
Required skills and qualifications - The qualifications that are needed for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related business field
- Progressive internal/external audit experience or equivalent financial services business experience
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
Preferred Qualifications - Additional skills that make you a great fit:
- BA and/or certifications (e.g. CPA, CFA, CIA, CFSA, etc.)
- 2+ years Big 4 public accounting experience
- 5+ years internal audit experience