Head of Finance at Berlin Brands Group (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
Berlin Brands Group (BBG), one of Europe’s largest digital companies is expanding to the USA!
BBG creates, builds, buys, and scales consumer brands globally. Our scalable infrastructure and profitable commercial model is driving hyper-growth, last year reporting 2020 revenues of 750M$. Our products are sold across channels including direct to consumer e-commerce, online marketplaces including Amazon, and wholesale to retailers and distributors. Our passion lies in kitchen appliances, garden & living, sports and HiFi. Our largest and best-known brands are Klarstein, Auna, Blumfeldt and Capital Sports. These are just a few examples within our portfolio of over 23 consumer product brands that is rapidly expanding.
We distribute over 3,700 products to consumers in 28 countries worldwide. BBG is now over 1,000 employees strong, working in locations spanning the globe – from Europe, UK, USA, to Asia. Our global headquarters is in Berlin, Germany and we are now rapidly expanding our business.
BBG has exciting plans for the USA market and is investing in world-class logistics and fulfilment, innovative digital marketing, e-commerce, marketplace development and other sales channels. To fuel this growth, we are looking for talented and motivated colleagues like you to join us in shaping the DNA of BBG USA.
We are currently seeking a Head of Finance - USA. This newly created and high impact role will be primarily based at our planned USA headquarters in Boston, with flexible and hybrid office/home working options. Occasional travel internationally will be required.
- To facilitate, support and coordinate US business planning with the Managing Director US, Finance Director US, as well as across our US and Global teams
- To analyse, challenge, and make active suggestions and inputs to the financial and strategic planning process for our US business
- To own the delivery of the forecasting, budgetary control, and commercial reporting framework for our US business
- To bridge our operational planning and financial planning in order to ensure that commercial opportunities and strategic development plans are aligned with our forecasting, budgeting, reporting, and control processes
- Close involvement in major business projects including hands-on management of various cross-departmental projects of strategic importance
- To analyse, report on, and support the commercial performance of our sales teams, merchandising teams, and logistics teams to ensure revenue, margin, capacity, and other essential KPIs are performing at maximum efficiency
- Analysis of sales channel metrics and product category metrics to identify and execute on opportunities to drive commercial performance
- Monitor our delivery of a strategic framework that facilitates the development of an outstanding customer proposition and exemplary commercial execution across all our selling channels, product categories, and brands active in the US
- Provide advice, support, and project management oversight to our US M&A integration activities to ensure seamless integrations to existing operations
- 5+ years of experience in e-commerce management involving significantresponsibility for financial budgeting and commercial planning.
- You are ready for an advanced and challenging finance and strategycontrolling role involving the business planning and development of an international e-commerce business with many brands under one roof
- You are a hands-on, commercially focused, and highly analytical operator, communicator, and influencer with excellent attention to detail and a data driven action mindset
- You have an excellent knowledge of the interplay between digital marketing channels and selling channels and understand the importance of ROI
- You instinctively think from the perspective of the customer and understand the importance of conversion optimisation, stock availability, merchandising planning, and customer experience to the customer proposition
- You are a planner with a robust understanding of product retailing with an excellent understanding of the interactions between marketing planning, sales planning, and operational planning
- You are an excellent project manager and are confident at tracking dependencies, requirements, and risks across multiple interlinking projects
- You are highly driven, able to think dynamically and entrepreneurially to solve challenges, and are able to deploy your analytical and problem-solving skills under pressure to deal with unpredictable circumstances
- You approach problems positively as opportunities and have a team-oriented and collaborative approach to creating and delivering solutions
- You are an excellent listener and communicator and are able to unite thinking and confidently work through challenges and obstacles and guide those around you to do the same
- You can successfully make progress on complex long-term projects with multiple work streams while simultaneously managing day-to-day operations
- A once-in-a-lifetime challenge working in the exceptionally fast-paced working environment of a hyper-growth international business.
- Challenging projects with plenty of entrepreneurial freedom in one of Europe's leading e-commerce companies expanding in the USA.
- You will be supported by a team of highly skilled and dedicated colleagues.
- US headquarters in Boston, with flexible and hybrid office/home working options.
- We celebrate success together at numerous company events, currently digital.
- Opportunities for professional development, language courses as well as team training and coaching.
- Company benefits such as 30% discount on products from our own shop.
- Very competitive health benefits & coverage, inspired from our European roots.
- Balanced and fair vacation policy