FP&A Analyst at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Finance Team at Nuance is seeking a FP&A Analyst in our Burlington office. This role will Assist in driving the multi-year, annual and quarterly forecast processes, developing guidance models and supporting our investor relations team with analysis and commentary on trends, business results and performance to guidance. This role offers broad exposure to the business, finance, accounting and operations teams, as well as an unparalleled level of visibility for a FP&A Analyst with frequent interaction with senior executive leaders, including our CEO, CFO, CRO, Division General Managers and the SVP of Finance. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable not only deep diving into the numbers, but also synthesizing, summarizing, and communicating (written/PPT and verbally) their findings and recommendations. The position requires attention to detail, self-motivation to be accountable to deliverables and deadlines and an ability to tell the numbers story.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with BU Finance, Sales Operations, Accounting, and BU Operations to understand key business drivers, new dynamics in the business, risks, and opportunities. Leverage these findings to produce insightful commentary and actionable insights for Corporate, Finance, and Divisions senior leadership.
- Support the quarterly Guidance and Earnings cadence with both retrospective analysis as well as prospective-focused outlooks; conduct ad-hoc analysis to support senior leadership in better understanding business drivers, allowing them to effectively relay Nuance’s value proposition to the market.
- Support the development of the annual operating plan and target setting processes, balancing trends, risks, and opportunities in the business lines with corporate growth goals.
- Maintain a set of data-driven models, dashboards, and reports, while continuously looking for ways to improve their functionality.
- In conjunction with Accounting, BU Finance, and Sales Operations, support the quarterly royalty accrual process.
- On a monthly basis, assess the impact of fluctuations of foreign exchange rates on Nuance’s operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting.
Work Experience: 2+ years
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience (Pivot Tables, vLookup)
- Self-directed, self-motivated and demonstrated experience providing ideas and solutions to further business understanding.
- Must be able to listen and interpret the requirements of internal clients, plan accordingly and exceed expectations.
- Exemplifies initiative, intelligence, strong attention to detail, and integrity in striving for continuous process improvement – a “right first time” approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated financial modeling knowledge and skills.
- Analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Practical core accounting tasks and work experience
- Ability to navigate SalesForce or a comparable CRM system
- Experience with Financial Systems (Hyperion, Oracle etc.)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.