Financial Planning Case Consultant at MassMutual
The role of the Financial Planning Case Consultant is to work on a team of consultants providing support for fee-based financial planning cases. Consultants will focus their support to Planners and Advisors with moderate to affluent clients. The Consultant will work proactively with the field and business partners alike, in driving results, plan implementation, and providing a client-centric experience.
- Primary support to Planners and Advisors on Financial Planning cases for moderate to affluent clients who may be either individuals or small business owners.
- Provide support to Senior Consultants with their caseloads, including cases for affluent and high net worth clients.
- Review and approve fee based plans created by financial planners and financial planning infrastructure associates.
- Responsibility for quality of advice for plans they review and approve.
- Assist Financial Planners with basic to intermediate plan analysis, plan design and development of a client strategy to meet client goals.
- Embrace the MassMutual Way in support of a comprehensive, consultative approach to client service.
- Develop strong knowledge regarding core company products and services and be proficient in influencing implementation of plans.
- Focus on helping planners run more efficient and profitable planning practices
- Client data entry to various planning software including but not limited to eMoney 360 Pro, Profiles, Plan Lab etc. as needed
- 3+ years of experience working in the financial services industry planning areas including investment planning, retirement planning, estate planning, tax planning protection planning and business planning
- Intermediate to advanced skill in using Microsoft Word
- Series 7 license
- Series 66 license or attain within 180 days of start
- Understanding of the legal and tax aspects of product implementation in the sales process
- Experience with eMoney or other financial planning Software
- Strategic thinker with the ability to simplify and communicate complex issues clearly both orally and in writing and present them in a sales oriented manner.
- Real world knowledge of business and estate planning techniques and their applications to the affluent markets, and of products and services available throughout the industry
- Possess a solid understanding of life insurance and annuity products and the sales processes with the ability to simplify into readily understandable concepts for clients.
- Team player
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to express ideas and share information with coworkers, advisors and planners in an accurate manner
- Bachelor’s degree
- One Industry designation, CLU or ChFC, or equivalent or working towards CFP®
- Comfortable using MS Office suite of products