Financial Analytics Professional 2 at Humana Studio_h
The Financial Analytics Professional 2 manages data to support and influence decisions on day-to-day operations, strategic planning and specific business performance issues. The Financial Analytics Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Financial Analytics Professional 2 collates, models, interprets and analyzes data in order to identify, explain, influence variances and trends. Explains variances and trends and enhances modeling techniques. May possess financial or actuarial background. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
Humana is seeking a Financial Analytics Professional 2 in order to support the next iteration of the Unit Cost Relativity (UCR) model. In this role you will be expected to independently pull and manipulate claims data using SAS Enterprise Guide, SQL, and VBA coding languages and produce reports that will help guide market level strategy.
The role is expected to eventually evolve into using Power BI and advanced analytics, and strong interest in working with these tools is an essential requirement. Assignments may include ad hoc requests, digging into changes between iterations of data and analyze data effectively to determine actionable insights for customers. The ideal candidate will be proficient in coding and has experience working with medical claims data.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficiency in VBA and Excel
- Proficiency in SAS and/or SQL
- Experience building, modifying, changing a process with a model using SAS, SQL, and/or VBA.
- Strong interest in learning or working with Power BI and advanced analytics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in compiling, modeling, interpreting and analyzing data in order to identify, explain, influence variances and trends
- Explain variances and trends and enhance modeling techniques
- Experience in managing data to support and influence decisions on day-to-day operations, strategic planning and specific business performance issues
- Possess a working knowledge and understand department, segment and organizational strategy, including a conceptual understanding of provider contracting
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Advanced skills in Excel and SQL/SAS
- Experience in working with medical and/or pharmacy claims data
- Financial or actuarial background.
This role isn't an Actuarial role and wouldn't be a part of the Actuarial rotation program.