Financial Analyst at Nuance
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
The Enterprise BU Finance team is seeking a Financial Analyst to support in the management of the division’s P&L (multi-year, annual plan, quarterly reforecasts). This role will be primarily focused on supporting commercial analytics such as bookings and revenue insights and to partner with India shared services team to help standardize reporting as much as practicable. The analyst will work cross-functionally with BU Operations, Sales and Sales Ops, Accounting, and other corporate teams to provide timely revenue analytics and standardized bookings and revenue reporting (insights include: backlog, bookings conversion rates, pipeline coverage, customer detail, understanding of underlying KPI’s that drive revenue). This role will also take on cost center support for all the retained division marketing cost centers. Ad hoc duties include working on Quarterly Business Reviews, helping with report pulls, reconciliation of heads and participating in monthly close process. We are looking for an individual that is eager to get into the details, synthesize findings for an executive level, and be adaptable to fluid business dynamics. This position requires an extremely high degree of accuracy and attention to detail with accountability to deadlines. This position will report to the Division CFO and will work collaboratively with the other BU Finance team members.
- Manage the monthly close processes for bookings, revenue, and expenses for respective span of control.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly bookings reconciliations and revenue analytics with associated accounting and sales teams.
- Prepare and present financial reporting to business partners and leadership teams on a monthly, quarterly and ad hoc cadence
- Oversee Divisional Marketing operational expense portfolio ($25M+), including all necessary program spend, headcount requirements, and general BU house-held funding
- Review PO approvals as needed, ensuring proposed spend is in line with forecast and budget expectations
- Participate in the Enterprise headcount management routine, including due diligence on any proposed hiring, monthly reconciliations to forecast, weekly prescriptiveness on future job requisitions, etc.
- General support for any ad hoc requests or projects on an as-needed basis
Minimum years of work experience: 2+
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Oracle/Hyperion/Essbase experience or a comparable financial planning system
- Financial & Strategic analysis experience in the SaaS or Technology Industry
- Ability to process, analyze, and synthesize findings from multiple complex data sources
- Ability to navigate SFDC or a comparable CRM system
- A curious motivated individual that is comfortable wearing multiple hats to identify issues, inefficiencies, and risks while proactively proposing solutions and potential mitigating actions.
- Exemplifies initiative, intelligence, integrity and strives for continuous improvement
- Strong written, presentation and verbal skills
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.