Financial Analyst at MassMutual
The Accounting Consultant position requires strong financial acumen competencies to interpret, analyze and report financial results to internal finance partners and management.
Analyze, design and produce management reports
Research and implement changes to financial reporting and analytics
Collaborate with internal finance partners
Validate, test and perform controls on data and reports
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Data Science, Business Intelligence or Finance is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of accounting or finance experience, preferably within the insurance industry.
- Experience with general ledger reporting cubes and warehouses; and the ability to gather data elements from various sources.
- Experience in fast-paced, agile and flexible work environment.
- Perform successfully on a management reporting and analytical team.
- Design and produce standard and ad-hoc reports, dashboards, and various data visualization reporting solutions.
- Use tools, applications, and/or queries to create and configure new reports, dashboards & decision making analytics.
- Validate and test data & reports to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Research and interpret changes in accounting policies, competitive landscape and emerging trends.
- Implement and present financial results and recommendations to management.
- Effectively use data visualization, in summaries and/or dashboards, to enhance translation of data and findings in brief and intelligible format, suitable for internal and external audiences.
- Other competencies required include customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Preferred technical skills required for this position include: application of advanced insurance and investment GAAP and Regulatory Reporting
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint