Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Financial Analyst will be part of the CarGurus Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. The ideal candidate will have experience in an entrepreneurial, fast-growing software company, and has experience with reporting aggregation from multiple data sources. As a Financial Analyst you will play a key role in budgeting, forecasting and reporting to support decision-making. Success in this role requires an analytical mindset, intelligence, intellectual curiosity, self-direction and a tireless work ethic.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and improve reporting and other finance related processes using our forecasting system.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc management reporting.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Analyze actual results vs. budgets/forecasts.
- Design and implement special financial analysis, i.e. business cases.
- Build business partner relationships across organization.
- Develop business insights related to financial results that help senior management make key business decisions.
- Oversee and assist with ongoing management and updates to our forecasting system.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Finance or Accounting degree preferred.
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS is required.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, ideally working in corporate FP&A and supporting functional business leaders.
- Adaptive Insights and Netsuite experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong Excel skills are critical for strategic planning and operational modeling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working well in a team environment is essential as well as the ability to work independently and seek innovative ways to solve problems.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.