Financial Analyst - Enterprise Analysis and Reporting
The Accounting Consultant position requires strong financial acumen competencies to interpret, analyze and report financial results to internal finance partners and management.
- Analyze, design and produce management reports
- Research and implement changes to financial reporting and analytics
- Collaborate with internal finance partners
- Validate, test and perform controls on data and reports
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Data Science, Business Intelligence or Finance is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of accounting or finance experience, preferably within the insurance industry.
- Experience with general ledger reporting cubes and warehouses; and the ability to gather data elements from various sources.
- Experience in fast-paced, agile and flexible work environment.
- Perform successfully on a management reporting and analytical team.
- Design and produce standard and ad-hoc reports, dashboards, and various data visualization reporting solutions.
- Use tools, applications, and/or queries to create and configure new reports, dashboards & decision making analytics.
- Validate and test data & reports to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Research and interpret changes in accounting policies, competitive landscape and emerging trends.
- Implement and present financial results and recommendations to management.
- Effectively use data visualization, in summaries and/or dashboards, to enhance translation of data and findings in brief and intelligible format, suitable for internal and external audiences.
- Other competencies required include customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Preferred technical skills required for this position include: application of advanced insurance and investment GAAP and statutory accounting principles
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- CPA or advanced degree in Accounting is preferred.