Finance Co-op at Indigo
We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge tech leaders on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
The co-op will focus on supporting the Finance Business Partnering (FBP) team in its effort to increase the financial knowledge of key business leaders throughout the organization. The Co-op will learn and develop SQL and visualization skills in Looker and Snowflake and assist with key team processes. The co-op will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with members of the Technology team as well as with a variety of teams within the Finance organization.
The FBP Co-op will have valuable exposure across the financial organization (Accounting, Financial Reporting, Finance Business Partners), the Business Intelligence team as well as other business leaders.
The FBP co-op will learn how to analyze financial data, as well as coding and dashboard building skills. They will learn how to analyze financial statements and how to effectively communicate insights to different audiences. They will have the opportunity to develop their project management skills.
- Create Looker Permissions Dashboard
- Will allow users to better manage confidential financial data access
- Data Documentation
- Exposure to our Sensitive Data Warehouse (SDW) in Snowflake
- Working in the SDW to document table structures
- Assist in creating the framework of a data dictionary
- Vena(financial planning tool) system design and documentation
- Global Finance Calendar
- Work across the Finance organization to establish and document the CFO's vision for Global Finance deadlines
- Finance professional development discussions and events
Understands and embodies our mission & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- A high energy self-starter who takes initiative
- Strong collaborative skills, able to build partnerships and alliance internally and with external partners at all levels of the organization
- Requires extreme discretion and good judgement be applied at all times; individual must maintain high personal integrity within and outside the company, including handling confidential information appropriately
- Excellent and clear communication skills, both written and oral
- Proactively identify methods to increase efficiencies and productivity
- A reputation for demonstrating integrity and commitment, maintaining discretion at all times
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- Strong analytical skills and willingness to deal with and solve on-going unique situations
- Ability to work independently, respond appropriately to urgency, and meet deadlines
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting and/or has a Minor in Data Analytics, Computer science or Mathematics
- Experience using SQL/Looker desired, but will train & teach on the job
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Analytical skills
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet. Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list below aren’t an exact match... great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status