Director-Treasury at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are excited to be expanding our Treasury organization here at Nuance and are looking for a thought leader to join our team as the Director - Treasury. This unique individual will work out of our Burlington, MA HQ facility (once we return to our offices from the pandemic) and work directly for our VP-Treasury (Treasurer). They will be responsible to provide direct counsel to our CFO and at times our CEO regarding important issues like debt market performance, share repurchases and other Treasury planning and strategic initiatives.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Nuance capital structure strategy
- Provide support for financing decisions and execution of capital market transactions (e.g., revolver, term loan, High Yield Bond, Convertible Bond retirement)
- Develop a suitable set of execution strategies/procedures and manage the day-to-day process of Nuance’s share repurchase program
- Develop the debt compliance tools for each debt instrument; ensure that all debt-related compliance and disclosure requirements are met, and debt service and debt-related payments are made on a timely basis
- Support the Corporate Development team, diligence, funding alternatives and develop Treasury plans to carve businesses out or to integrate new acquisitions
- Model the capital structure with proposed divestments or acquisitions and propose related changes in the capital structure to quantify the impact on credit rating and cost of debt
- Develop management, board of directors and rating agencies presentations related to debt and equity financings, share repurchases and divestments
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and external parties (rating agencies, investment and commercial banks, trustees, legal and tax experts) by engaging them where appropriate, providing accurate and timely information and collaborating to drive decision making processes
- Review subsidiary capital structure, understand legal requirements in coordination with tax planning and cash centralization goals
- Meet accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for existing debt; work with tax and accounting teams regarding new proposed financings; propose borrowings that take into account tax efficiencies and GAAP and non-GAAP accounting implications
- Recommend interest rate management tools related to fixed/floating mix of debt
- Support accounting dept with Treasury related SEC disclosures in our audited financial statements
- Develop and provide regular management reporting on the market value of our debt, cash and share repurchase positions of Nuance and overall capital markets
- Lead the management of foreign exchange risk management programs, including the development and execution of strategies and tactical mechanisms to measure, mitigate, hedge and evaluate FX exposure risk in the balance sheet and cash flow.
- Manage insurance risk and complete annual insurance renewal process
- Train and supervise Treasury Analyst
Knowledge, Skills, Qualification:
Education: BA in Finance, Accounting or Economics required; MBA/CFA preferred
Years of Experience: 7-15 years finance experience, ideally in corporate treasury or investment banking, with extensive exposure to capital market and structure considerations for public company(s)
- Strong knowledge of capital markets
- Developing knowledge of Foreign Exchange
- Highly analytical, exceptional modeling skills, and strong PowerPoint and verbal presentation skills. Comfortable in creating Board level presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a conscientious manager, strong role model and engaged mentor to develop staff
- Certified Treasury Professional certificate
- Bloomberg proficient
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.