Director of Strategic Finance, Customer Success at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Are you bready*?
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. We’re seeking a Director of Strategic Finance to partner with our Customer Success team to drive initiatives including business planning, corporate strategy, and strategic projects. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value in a hyper-growth environment at scale.
About this roll*
- Provide financial and strategic thought leadership supported by rigorous analysis, with a focus on business planning, corporate strategy, and capital allocation
- Facilitate executive and board decision making by translating sophisticated financial analysis into actionable operational recommendations
- Drive strategic initiatives through a combination of business partnering, analytical insight, and project management
- Build and manage a high-performing team
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization by building strong cross-functional relationships and developing a deep understanding of Toast’s business model, including unit economics, product and market strategies, competitive context, and internal processes
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of experience in a combination of investment banking, investing (PE, VC, hedge fund), management consulting, or experience at a high-growth tech company in Strategic Finance, FP&A or Business Intelligence
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Experience building strong teams through active development and recruitment of high-quality talent
- Effective project management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- History of building positive relationships with people and teams across a broad, diverse organization
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.