Director of SEC Reporting and Corporate Accounting at Nuance
The Director of SEC Reporting and Corporate Accounting is a key leader of the Finance organization that brings experience in leading a large global public company’s SEC/External Reporting function. This Director will report to the Chief Accounting Officer.
This leader will be responsible for the Company’s external financial and SEC reporting and technical accounting, including researching complex transactions such as acquisitions, business dispositions, and capital market transactions. Candidates must have strong and broad technical accounting and SEC reporting experience along with a comprehensive knowledge of GAAP, an ability to research various accounting topics, and communicate effectively through both written and verbal methods. Candidates must have the ability to apply GAAP in an effective manner as well as have knowledge of industry best practices in accounting and business. The selected individual will also have strong leadership, influencing skills, relationship building and collaboration, judgment, teamwork, people management, and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion, and diligence.
This role will work out of our Burlington, MA HQ facility once we do go back int our offices some time later in 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the preparation of SEC filings and all underlying supporting schedules and calculations.
- Analyze complex transactions and determine appropriate US GAAP treatment and communicate findings through verbal communication and written documentation to senior and Executive management team.
- Act as a liaison between third party internal audit function to develop, drive, and improve internal policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparation for quarterly reviews and annual audits from external auditors.
- Lead, train, develop, and motivate others in cross-functional teams to maintain a high level of employee competence for sustained and self-reliant performance and achievement of the department and company goals.
- Perform other related accounting/financial duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- Active Certified Public Accountant license preferred.
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience (Big 4 public accounting and SEC reporting experience required).
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams.
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with others, manage high performing organizations, and work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to identify and pro-actively propose system and process improvements.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- High degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail, balanced with ability to also look at the “big picture."
- Experience and ability to be effective working in a fast-paced environment.
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex challenges.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.