Director of Revenue Analytics at CarGurus (Cambridge, MA)
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a Director, Revenue Analytics! This person will lead the revenue analytics team, and be responsible for: enhancing the foundations for reporting & analysis, and regularly providing impactful insights to drive monetization strategy innovation, product penetration and improved sales efficiency.
The Revenue Analytics team is a critical resource to revenue leaders, and partners closely with other groups of analysts across the organization. The Director will model a service-first mentality, committing the group to stellar, proactive support for all. They will set an agenda for the team that reflects the most pressing needs from the business, increasingly building out automated reporting systems to enable the team to focus on deep insights to drive strategy and business success. We are looking or someone who is a doer and a leader, willing and able to roll up their sleeves to contribute directly to the work.What You’ll Do:
- Set the agenda – Align the team’s capacity against the most critical and strategic opportunities for the business. Prioritize effectively.
- Team leadership – Guide and nurture talent on the revenue analytics team, encouraging an inclusive environment in which all members can bring their full selves to work.
- Partnership – Listen to and build trust with recipients of revenue insights (execs, sales, marketing, etc); collaborate with other analyst and BI functions in the company.
- Data – Automate revenue analytics reporting for monthly business reviews. Partner with data engineering and other analytics leaders to build a system such that different cuts of the data are possible without substantial manual effort.
- Execution – Roll up your sleeves and contribute.
- 6+ years of experience in data analysis (experience in consumer internet, digital marketing, or SaaS product data a plus)
- Fluency in SQL and Python/R, or other scripting language
- Strong grasp of statistical concepts (confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression models)
- Expertise in BI and reporting tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Love for talent! – hiring, developing, coaching and mentoring your team and others
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership, delivering concise, insights driven by data
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.