Klaviyo is looking for a Director of Investor Relations who will be a key leader for the company on its path to public company readiness. Reporting into the Vice President of Investor Relations, this individual will lead the execution of Klaviyo’s investor relations program. This individual will work regularly with Klaviyo’s senior management, legal, financial planning and analysis, accounting and corporate communications teams to drive our financial strategy and external and internal communications around that strategy.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Develop investor outreach and targeting strategies so the company maintains strong relationships with existing and potential shareholders
- Lead investor communication efforts and builds out key collateral, including the investor presentation, press releases and IPO videos
- Serve as a spokesperson for the company, handling investor calls and conferences to respond to questions about company strategy and financials
- Manage the process around metrics disclosures, including tracking trends, predicting future outcomes and determining what metrics are most appropriate to share with the investment community.
- Be a strategic and financial advisor to the executive team and business owners across the company with a specific focus on unit economics, SaaS metrics, TAM and freemium metrics as well as helping to define key business success metrics
- Serve as a primary connector between Finance, the Executive Leadership Team and Investor Relations to continuously improve linkage between internal and external views and model impact to key strategies (M&A, Strategic Partnerships, Product Innovation, etc.)
- Assist in the financial modeling, long-term planning, and strategic analyses to support the CFO organization with company narrative, Board and shareholder materials, etc.
- Maintain and tracks all investor activity in a CRM tool
- Maintain the investor relations website
- Serve as the “voice of the shareholder” internally, bringing an external perspective to company decision making
- Drive a cultural change, leveraging financial analytics and financial benchmarking, to accelerate and enhance critical company priorities.
Who You Are
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in investor relations, equity research, portfolio analysis or related field
- Must be able to work independently
- Advanced Google Sheets and Slides skills, experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau preferred
- Strong problem-solving abilities and ownership mindset
- Must be a master storyteller, weaving together narrative and numbers to clearly express concepts to external audiences
- Strong executive presence and cross functional collaboration skills
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.