Director of FP&A
Where we work
Ontra’s hybrid workplace allows for employees to choose their own adventure: remote, in-office, or a blend of both!
Available remote locations: United States (CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA), Hong Kong, Singapore, United Kingdom.
Current offices: London, Los Angeles, New York City, San Francisco.
Please note that we currently hire exclusively in the remote and office locations listed above and select jobs may have more specific location requirements.
About the opportunity
The Director of FP&A is a great opportunity for an individual looking to make an impact as a senior finance leader. This role will develop and manage financial analyses and infrastructure that enable Ontra’s management team to meet its operational and strategic objectives. This role will lead all financial planning and provide analytical support for various initiatives across the company
A core part of the role will be the management of Ontra’s budgeting process. This role will create and develop complex models that equip our organization with meaningful insights and recommendations. The Director of FP&A will be a key partner in all areas of the business. You will provide actionable advice through KPIs, dashboards, and ad-hoc analyses that drive performance, minimize risk, and highlight new opportunities.
If you have experience leading an FP&A team in a fast-paced environment, private equity, or investment banking we would love to hear from you!
The Director of FP&A will report directly to the VP of Finance & Accounting, and the location is flexible.*
What you’ll do
- Financial planning: Develop the financial planning required to achieve the company objectives; lead the annual budget process and generate rolling forecasts
- Modeling & analysis: Build and maintain complex scenario and decision-making models and prepare financial reporting; develop analyses, forecasts, KPIs, and dashboards that inform the management team and the Board
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work cross-functionally on analyses, presentations, and reporting; partner with the management team to prepare Board materials
- Process development: Build a scalable infrastructure through technology to support the company’s current and future FP&A requirements
What you’ll bring
- Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in a SaaS business, private equity, or investment banking (operating experience in a SaaS business preferred)
- Leadership: Proven track record of leading FP&A activities
- Modeling skills: Expert-level skills in developing complex financial and decision-making models in Microsoft Excel
- Strategic thinking: Ability to work closely with company leadership by making recommendations about company objectives; ability to communicate a story or recommendation through the analysis of large data sets
- Collaboration: Ability to work well on a team and across the organization with internal stakeholders in other functions
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to take data and analysis and communicate it in a clear and concise manner
Colorado applicants only: The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $166,000. The total compensation package also includes benefits (as further detailed below) as well as unit-based compensation if applicable. Compensation for other locations may vary.*
Ontra, the global leader in Contract Automation and Intelligence, combines AI-enabled software with a global network of highly-trained lawyers to offer a comprehensive solution for recurring legal workflows. By streamlining repetitive legal processes and transforming contracts into structured data, Ontra lowers costs, improves quality, and reduces turnaround times. Ontra is headquartered in San Francisco, with global operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. Learn more at www.ontra.ai.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to participate in one of Ontra’s unit-based compensation programs
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance base plans at no additional cost
- Employer-sponsored retirement plans
- Hybrid/remote work flexibility & WFH budget (equivalent of $1K USD)
- Annual professional development stipend (equivalent of $2K USD)
- 4 months of parental leave (52 weeks for UK employees)
- Unlimited vacation
- Twice-weekly lunch perk
- And much more!
Ontra is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Ontra will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected].
*Note on Pay Transparency: Ontra provides an estimate of the compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado as required by state regulations. Compensation for locations other than Colorado may vary based on (a) location, as Ontra factors in specific location when benchmarking compensation for most roles; (b) individual candidate qualifications; and (c) individual candidate experience. Additionally, Ontra leverages current market data to determine compensation, so posted compensation figures are subject to change as new market data becomes available.
Note on Employment Verification: All employees hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in their particular location.
Note to External Agencies: We are not accepting any blind submissions or resumes/CVs from recruitment agencies. Any candidates sent to Ontra will NOT be accepted or considered as a submission without a signed agreement in place.