Director, FP&A -Corporate at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast's Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is seeking a Director who will lead a team responsible for the company's forecasts, annual budget cycle, management and Board reporting, as well as provide financial partnership to the organization. Specifically - they will play a significant role in designing, implementing, and executing planning and reporting processes with an integrated financial system, and will become the in-house expert on how our systems integrate to deliver insight to the business.
About this roll*:
- Lead and mentor team by providing financial leadership and analytical support while also driving actionable insights that drive strategic decision making for senior management team
- Be the focal point across the finance and accounting teams team for planning, financial execution, and investor reporting
- Establish and develop best-in-class forecasting and reporting processes. Understand and highlight key performance indicators and drivers of change within the financial results and present results to the senior management team to inform strategic decision making.
- Be a thought leader and partner cross-functionally to drive operational efficiencies and strategic initiatives while scaling the company.
- Build analytical and reporting tools to measure financial results, key operational metrics, and spend efficiency.
- Partner with the broader Finance & Strategy team, key stakeholders and business leaders across the organization to provide strategic financial insights and recommendations.
- Lead and mentor FP&A team by providing financial leadership and analytical support while also driving actionable insights that drive strategic decision making for senior management team
- Maintain and improve predictability of financial results through enhancements of internal processes and partnership across the organization
- Implement improvements & automation to streamline current processes
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of experience in financial analysis, forecasting, and budgeting in a high growth environment
- A combination of work experience in FP&A, finance, strategy or accounting at a high-growth tech company, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting
- Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Excellent communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses into structured outputs and present to all levels of management
- Experience building strong teams through active development and recruitment of incredible talent
- Effective project management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- History of building positive relationships with people and teams across a broad, diverse organization
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.