Director, External Reporting at DraftKings
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:12 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, July 16, 2020
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
Join one of the industry's biggest game changers.
We’re growing rapidly and are searching for a Director of External Reporting to manage our organization’s external reporting function, including the preparation of all SEC filings. This will include, but will not be limited to, Form S-1/4, 10-Q, 10-K, and Form 8-K. Do you have a mastery of accounting principles and SEC regulations? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Director of External Reporting:
- You will act as the key partner for all recapitalization initiatives, including SEC registration.
- Lead the production and review of all external financial reporting and related regulatory filings, including financial statements, related schedules, and notes to financial statements.
- Manage reporting work flows, ensure accuracy of financial statements and maintaining appropriate internal controls over financial reporting.
- Responsible for the review and consolidation of results from multiple international subsidiaries.
- Coordinate with auditors to ensure the complete and timely filing of all required regulatory filings.
- Build and coordinate multi-disciplinary approval process for the release of external financial statements.
- Coordinate the sub-certification process used to support the CFO/CEO certifications.
- Partner with Legal and Operations for accurate & timely regulatory responses.
- Ensure policies, procedures and reporting checklists, are accurate and current.
- Support Accounting & Finance team in communication of and training on new SEC guidance, including creation of new policies for newly adopted standards.
- Maintain & safeguard all records to support EDGAR filings and XBRL requirements.
What skills you will use:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience, with 8 years with primary responsibility for 10-K/Q production.
- Active CPA license.
- Experience achieving an “effective” SEC registration.
- 5years of experience in a start-up environment or technology company.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience building relationships and working directly with senior executives.
- Significant experience with developing, documenting, and maintaining processes in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- You are able to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10%).
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.
Read Full Job Description