- Leading and overseeing the monthly, quarterly and annual close and reporting processes.
- Monitoring daily AR/AP transaction activity and review monthly reconciliations and journal entries prepared by team members.
- Ensuring accurate classification of all expenses by type and functional categories.
- Maintaining and reviewing monthly reconciliations pertaining to income statement & balance sheets.
- Leading technical accounting projects, including but not limited to, reviews of customer contracts for ASC 606 revenue recognition, cost capitalization, debt & equity transactions and preparation of technical documentation for various complex and non-routine transactions.
- Taking an active lead in the relationships with the bank and external audit and tax firms, and prepare and review schedules for the annual audit.
- Developing strategy to maintain compliance with various state and federal tax requirements.
- Guiding and mentoring accounting and payroll team members to promote a culture of collaboration, support and growth.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Creating and reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual GAAP financial statements for internal and external distribution.
- Collaborating with Senior Director of Finance to interpret and review financial information and assist in development of annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Supporting the Senior Director of Finance and CFO in various ad hoc analytical projects that deliver key insights for making critical business decisions.
- Overseeing and reviewing biweekly payroll processing.
- Reviewing quarterly tax filings and packages.
- Overseeing annual W2 preparation, reconciliation and distribution
Experience, & Skills Required
- 10+ years of accounting/finance experience, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- CPA required (public accounting experience a plus).
- Experience of working for a SaaS company.
- Financial reporting experience (preparation of financial statements, investor reporting, working with external auditors).
- Experience with NetSuite.
- Experience mentoring and teaching team members in a fast paced, player/coach setting.
- BS/BA in Accounting or Business, MBA a plus.
- Experience of close collaboration and combined effort with FP&A is a nice to have.