DCIO Internal Wholesaler at MassMutual
MassMutual’s Institutional Investments team is dedicated to helping clients solve their toughest investment challenges—whether it’s capital growth, reliable income, or protection from market volatility and other risks. As part of MassMutual’s Institutional Investments, the distributor of retail mutual funds sold primarily through third-party distribution channels, the products and strategies we sell are managed by MassMutual Investments, which is MassMutual’s asset management organization. Our reputation for financial strength, investment talent, risk management, and thought leadership has led to rapid growth.
The primary role of the Defined Contribution Investment Only Market Development Consultant (Internal Wholesaler) is to drive sales and build relationships with Financial Professionals selling MassMutual Funds through the Investment Only channel. The Internal Wholesaler must achieve and maintain an expert knowledge of the MassMutual Funds product line and the Mutual Fund Industry. The Internal Wholesaler supports the External Wholesaler sales team members in achieving the unit’s sales goals while also building his/her own book of business with retirement-specialist advisors and investment/benefit consultants.
- Assist with the client segmentation process for the respective territory(ies) covered by each External/Internal wholesaler team.
- Develop relationships with DC-focused Financial Professionals through supporting the overall advisor practice management program offered by the DCIO Sales Team and by making outbound calls.
- Communicate with DC-focused advisors and consultants through campaigns, email, and over the phone.
- Respond to direct inbound Product requests and Sales calls from the DCIO sales team, advisors, and consultants.
- Coordinate sales call activity with the external DCIO sales team members and conduct proactive outreach to targeted retirement-specialist advisors, and retirement benefit consultants to build relationships, increase awareness of MM Funds and build IO book of business.
- Serve as central point of contact for responding to Requests for Proposal for new investment mandates.
- Maintain and update customer profiles and activity (phone calls and meetings) related to the development of customer relationships and pursuit of mutual fund investment only (MFIO) sales opportunities in the Salesforce CRM.
- Handle special projects as assigned within the Investment Only (IO) Sales Desk.
- Attend various sales meetings and training sessions.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Financial Industry experience in a sales capacity with Mutual Funds
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in business or related field
- Proficient use of Morningstar Direct or other mutual fund / investment analysis software preferred
- Minimal travel
- FINRA Series 7 license is desired for this position. Candidates with a FINRA Series 6 will be considered.