The Cross Country Group- Family Office Financial Controller
About the Cross Country Group:
The Cross Country Group is a leading provider of technology-enabled service programs for Global 500 firms in North America. The Cross Country Group works with over 500 corporate clients and their over 150 million consumers to provide services of various types. The Cross Country Group is comprised of three independent, entrepreneurial operating companies, including Agero, with a focus on business process outsourcing, emergency assistance services, consumer direct marketing, information services and related areas, as well as a family office that makes a range of investments.
*Agero Inc, one of the firms owned by The Cross Country Group is providing recruiting supporting for this hire.
The Family Office Financial Controller will be responsible for the administration, reporting, and analysis of the family office investments including real estate direct investments and limited partner interests in third party funds. The family office currently has approximately $100 million in assets and is growing. In addition, this position oversees all corporate accounting and internal reporting functions for the various non-operating company entities in the Cross Country Group including A/P, A/R, GL, Cash management and annual 1099 preparation. Exposure to large real estate projects, familiarity with investment agreements and tax considerations is a plus.
About the Day to Day:
- Oversees and supports the administration of a family office partnership including but not limited to preparing fund subscription documents, ordering wire transfers, daily cash reconciliation, ensuring adequate funding levels and monthly, quarterly, and annual performance reporting of partnership including: Market Value calculations, Investment Sector allocations, outstanding commitment and IRR calculation. In total and by partner
- Analyzes fund performance and participates in meetings with potential and current fund managers to review performance. perform investment diligence and make investment recommendations.
- Ensures timely receipt of annual K-1’s for family office to deliver to tax accountants.
- Provide financial support for Family Foundation including maintaining accurate books, calculating realized and unrealized gains/losses, computing minimum distribution requirements to ensure compliance, prepare annual gift contribution letters, and interface with external tax specialist as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate books for several entities including real estate entities.
- Prepares monthly consolidating financial reporting package summarizing The Cross Country Group operating entity performance.
- Updates forecasts on a quarterly basis for tax planning.
- With a strong attention to detail and flexibility, establishes and meets deadlines.
- Maintains monthly general ledgers fully supporting all balance sheet accounts.
- Coordinates the preparation of account reconciliations and assesses the accuracy and completeness of account balances including inter-company balances.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of state sales tax accruals.
- Prepares internal and external financial statements.
- Special projects as required by senior management.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting software including upgrades and conversions, and other related processes and controls.
Education, Experience & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field or equivalent experience. CPA or MBA or Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive finance and accounting experience in a complex environment, with progressive management responsibilities.
- 3 years of project experience, including supporting real estate facility construction and maintenance.
- Strong public/private background.
- Ability to design and maintain a family office reporting system that includes sophisticated financial analytics and appropriate internal accounting controls.
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards, financial analytics, internal controls and GAAP.
- Excellent analytic, project management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Access is required.
- Working knowledge of accounting systems and Quickbooks.
- Detail oriented, organized, and conscientious.